Looking for ways to relieve stress & anxiety through essential oils? How about reduce wrinkles, age spots or heal sunburns? Did you know you can use essential oils to improve your overall health, fight off a cold and even help prevent the cold and flu?
There are hundreds of ways you an use essential oils and carrier oils. Below we list the top 50+ ways you can use them in your life.
(As part of every order, we include a printed version of these tips & uses, so you can keep them handy.)
Frankincense Essential Oil
- Anxiety or Stress: Apply a drop at the temples to relieve stress and evoke a feeling of calmness. Rub a few drops mixed with a carrier oil* on the back of the neck when you feel anxious.
- Cuts, Scrapes or Burns: Apply a drop of Lavender Oil first then add a drop of Frankincense on top (both oils work great together).
- Immune System: Its antiseptic properties make it ideal for supporting a strong immune system. Massage a few drops into the balls of your feet every day. Diffuse throughout your home (especially in the bedroom at night) -- this is especially good during cold and flu season.
- Itching: Apply a single drop to the affected area for relief.
- Moles, Skin Tags or Warts: Apply a single drop 3-4 times a day until gone. If the mole is dark and ragged around the edges and/or growing quickly, see your healthcare professional for an assessment and possible treatment.
- Restless Legs Syndrome: Massage 2 drops with a carrier oil to the bottom of your feet nightly to relieve.
- Scars: Dab a drop on scars to help them reduce and fade.
Sleep: Diffuse 1-3 drops at bedtime to help slow down your breathing and relieve
tension and anxiety.
Wrinkles: Dab a drop on fine lines and wrinkles to make them less noticeable. You
can also add a drop to your daily moisturizer.
Lavender Essential Oil
- Agitation or Anxiety: Apply by itself or with a carrier oil to the chest, soles of the feet or top of the head. Can also be used aromatically by adding 2-4 drops to your bath.
- Blisters or Boils: Apply with or without a carrier oil directly to the site.
- Chicken Pox: Apply to the site to help soothe itchy skin and promote faster recovery from this viral infection.
- Cranky Children: Add 2-4 drops to the bath to soothe and calm the nerves.
- Cuts: Apply topically to minor cuts to aid in healing and prevent infection.
- Dandruff: Add 15 drops to 2 Tbsp of olive oil and heat on the stove (or in the microwave) until warm. Apply the warm mixture to your scalp and cover your hair with a shower cap. Let sit for an hour and wash out.
- Headaches: At the first sign of a headache gently massage 2-3 drops, with or without a carrier oil, into the temples and around the head and neck.
- Insect Bites or Stings: Apply undiluted oil directly to the site to soothe itch and promote faster recovery.
- Sleep: Add 1-3 drops in your diffuser to help you get a better night's sleep, or try placing a few drops on your pillow before bed.
- Sunburn: Combine 1-3 drops with each teaspoon of pure aloe vera and massage into the affected areas. Or add a few drops to a bath to soothe the burn.
Peppermint Essential Oil
- Colds or Congestion: Massage 2-3 drops with a carrier oil onto the chest. You can also place 1-3 drops into a humidifier to help clear sinus and lung congestion.
- Energy Alertness: Rub a drop of oil under the nose to help improve concentration and alertness.
- Fever: Massage 2-3 drops with a carrier oil onto the neck and feet.
- Headache: Rub a drop with a carrier oil on your temples, forehead, over the sinuses (avoid contact with eyes) and on the back of the neck to help soothe headache and pressure.
- Heartburn: Add a drop to your tea along with a teaspoon of honey. Try a drop of peppermint oil in a glass of milk. You can also mix 5 drops with a teaspoon of carrier oil and massage onto your upper abdomen.
- Joint Therapy: Apply 1-2 drops mixed with lavender oil to cool inflamed muscles.
- Mouthwash: Dilute 4 drops with 15mL of water and use as mouthwash.
- Shampoo: Add 2-3 drops to your regular shampoo and/or conditioner to stimulate the scalp.
- Spiders, Rodents or Ants: Add 5 drops to a cotton ball and place where you find these pests entering your home to repel them.
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
- Aromatherapy Massage: Use on its own (or with your favorite essential oils) in a carrier oil to help massage away anger, frustration, tension, stress and insomnia.
- Bath: Put a few drops in a hot bath to help relieve nervous tension, stress or general crankiness. Good for fatigue, exhaustion and especially insomnia.
- Diffuse: Put a few drops in your diffuser to help relieve anxiety, tension, stress and depression. This is also a good oil to diffuse if you are feeling physically exhausted.
- Dry or Oily Skin: Add 2-3 drops to an unscented lotion or cream to help with over-dry and over-oily skin (works on both skin types).
- Hair Conditioner/Scalp Massage: Add 3 drops to 1 tsp of jojoba oil and massage directly on the scalp.
- Headaches: Add 1-2 drops to a carrier oil and massage into your temples.
- Perfume: Add 2 drops to 1 teaspoon of carrier oil to create your own perfume and apply to your skin.
Essential Oil Blends
- Diffuser: Add 2-4 drops to your diffuser to hep increase the lungs capacity to breathe.
Chest Rub: Make your own breathe rub by adding a couple drops to a teaspoon of
carrier oil and rub on your chest, back and neck.
- Air Freshener: Freshen up your house by adding 4-6 drops to your diffuser
- Eliminate cooking odors: In a small pot at 1 cup water, 1 cup vinegar and 5 drops of Citrus Blend. Bring to just a boil and then let simmer. (Works like a charm every time I cook fish and other fragrant meals.)
- Perfume: Add 1-2 drops to your favorite unscented lotions or creams to invoke a cheerful, energetic feeling.
Muscle Relief Blend
- Apply with a carrier oil to soothe sore muscles and achy joints.
Robbers' Relief Blend
- Cleaning: Add 5-10 drops to a spray bottle with water and use it to clean any surface in the house. Works great on children’s toys, counter tops, floors, pet cages and more.
- Cold or Flu: Rub a couple drops directly on the soles of your feet to protect you from colds and flu. Use a carrier oil when applying on children, or if you have sensitive skin.
- Dishwasher: Add a few drops with your detergent and run a normal cycle for cleaner dishes.
- Diffuse: Add 1-3 drops to your diffuser and run for 15-20 minutes to eliminate airborne bacteria. Ideal to help boost the immune system.
- Foot Fungus: Apply 1 drop directly to the infected area.
- Hand Sanitizer: Mix 5 drops with 2 Tbsp aloe vera gel, 1 Tbsp filtered water and 1/8 tsp vitamin E oil. Store in a 2 oz.squeeze bottle and keep handy in your purse.
- Sore Throat: Gargle with 1-3 drops in water. Then dilute with a carrier oil and apply it to the outer neck.
Sleep Better Blend
- Diffuse before bed to help put you in a restful state of mind.
- Massage into the temples with a carrier oil for relaxation.
Golden Jojoba Oil Carrier Oil
- Body Moisturizer: Apply immediately after a shower or bath, while skin is still damp. This helps seal in moisture, leaving skin soft and smooth without an oily residue.
- Carrier Oil: Dilute a few drops of your favorite essential oil in Jojoba Oil prior to massaging onto skin. Great for DIY beauty recipes.
- Hair Conditioning Treatment: Smooth a quarter-sized amount over wet hair, focusing on ends. Shampoo out after 5-10 minutes. Can also be applied to damp hair to help smooth frizz.
- Lip Conditioner: Apply 1 drop to finger and smooth onto chapped lips.
- Makeup Remover: Add a few drops to fingers (or to a cotton ball) and wipe over eyes and face. Rinse off with water and follow with regular cleanser.
- Scalp Massage: A perfect oil for sensitive skin, massage into the scalp to help relieve dryness and stimulate hair growth.