Here is a DIY recipe for homemade hand sanitizer with essential oils and other common household ingredients. This recipe uses our Robbers' Relief essential oil blend which is often used to fight off the common cold, due to it's antiviral and antibacterial properties.
Here is what you will need:
- 5 drops of Robbers' Relief (Thieves and OnGuard would also work)
- 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel
- 1 tablespoon of filtered water
- 1/8 teaspoon vitamin E Oil
Mix the ingredients together and store in a 2 oz. squeeze bottle.
When I originally started making this I used a tablespoon and teaspoon to measure out each of my ingredients, but getting the ingredients into the little bottle was more trouble then it was worth. Even with a funnel, I ended up making a huge mess!
So, I suggest keep it simple and eyeball it.
- 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel was equivalent to 22 pumps.
- 1/8 teaspoon of vitamin E Oil was equivalent to squeezing out 2 gel capsules of 400 mg vitamin E.
After all the ingredients have been placed in the squeeze bottle, shake it up and you are done. The nice thing about this hand sanitizer recipe is that is smells really good!